Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ronnybrook Dairy Farm: the perks of being an intern

Egg, cheese, and tomato on a croissant with roasted potatoes from Ronnybrook Farm Dairy

First off, let me preface this with some background-- I am so thankful to have gotten the opportunity this Fall to intern at the one, the only, Food Network! Crazy, right?! One of the BEST parts working at their offices is working above one of the best culinary hubs in the city, Chelsea Martket. The market is filled with completely unique restaurants, shops, and bakeries that will fit anyone's tastes.


My first review encompasses one of my favorite lunch spots I go to when I'm on my break at Food Network-- the Ronnybrook Farm Dairy retail store and cafe. The farm produces and distributes all local, organic dairy items such as milk, yogurt, ice cream, butter, and cheese. The best part about this is the fact that they incorporate these items into their dishes at the cafe such as sandwiches, salads, breakfast dishes, and pasta specials. I've tried their sandwiches before (which come with a side salad!) but today I chose one of their amazing breakfast options-- the egg, tomato, and cheese on a croissant with roasted potatoes.

Let me tell you, I've had my fair share of egg sandwiches-- bacon, egg, and cheese on a croissant is one of my go-to breakfast options. But after this egg sandwich I have honestly tasted the difference between organic and free-range ingredients as opposed to non-organic. The eggs were ridiculously fresh-tasting, the cheese was creamy, and the croissant (which I assume came from Amy's Bread across the way) was to die for. It was one of the most perfect combinations of a breakfast sandwich that I have ever had. To add onto that, the roasted potatoes were so incredibly flavorful, I didn't even need any ketchup! They were roasted in olive oil with some sort of garlic I believe, and it was a perfect end to a pretty exquisite lunch. To top it all off, my meal (including a diet coke) was only $12 with tip! Not bad for dining in the city :) I'm going to Bar Americain after work tomorrow with my friend Thea, and I cannot wait to try the cuisine!

PS: Sorry for the super up-close picture, it was my first time eating alone AND taking a picture of my own food (with my phone none-the-less) and I tried to take it as fast as I could! Eek! I'll get used to it eventually... I hope.

Ronnybrook Farm Dairy on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment