Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oh My Thai! Chelsea Thai Wholesale

Pad See Ew: stir-fried flat noodles with beef, egg, and vegetables
On one of our many lunchtime hunts for good food in Chelsea Market, Andrea and I decided on Chelsea Thai Wholesale, a seemingly hole-in-the-wall that cranks out awesome looking thai food on a daily basis. The menu is pictures of each dish on a wall with a short description, so if you are wary of what to get by the name, hopefully you'll find some guidance in this type of point and choose menu. I love trying new things, but when it comes to thai I usually just go for good old Pad Thai-- I know what it is, I know what it tastes like, and I know I won't be disappointed. But this time, I chose the Pad See Ew-- stir fried flat noodles with beef and egg on Andrea's recommendation (she is quite well versed in Thai food, if I may say so myself). I don't quite remember the name of the dish she got, but it was the same type of noodles with beef and a spicier sauce. Here's what went down:


What I liked: I really loved my entire dish-- the noodles had a great texture to them, the meat was cooked well, and for under $10, you can't beat this dish! The portions were huge as well, so I had some to take home :) I tried some of Andrea's dish as well, which was equally tasty-- I'll definitely go back another time for lunch!

What I didn't like: Like a lot of the little eateries in the market, it becomes veryy crowded at lunchtime, and with limited seating/standing room to wait for your food, it can bring down the overall experience quite a bit. I also wish they took credit cards, because I really don't like carrying cash around. Meh

Rating: 8 out of 10. I would substitute my regular tino's sandwich for this any day (well, I would have to be in the mood for thai, but you know)

I definitely encourage everyone to check it out!! I talk about Chelsea Market a lot because I work there, but honestly its one of my favorite places in New York City-- If you've never been, its absolutely a sight to see!


Chelsea Thai Wholesale on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment